Installation of 3 new casting furnaces at Selmet
Selmet in Albany, OR recently had Jimco design, install and commission 3 new casting furnaces. Jimco also trained Selmet staff to perform all operational, maintenance and troubleshooting necessary for the new furnaces.
Jimco's project tasks:
- Electrical and control system design, documentation, programming, installation, and commissioning
- Power quality study and ARC flash labeling
- Control and plant network fiber and copper network design including network racks, switches, power distribution, etc.
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC and FactoryTalk View Site Edition with RecipePro+
- Main control panel, remote control panels, and operator control panels design and build
- Motor control center design and build
- Allen-Bradley SafeZone and ABB safe stop safety system design, configuration, commissioning, and installation
- Specialty cameras for viewing high-intensity arc melting, and area cameras for personnel safety and surveillance
- Medium voltage distribution, switchgear, and transformer design and installation
- Low voltage bus bar and flexible water-cooled conductor design and installation